A number of student-directed, one-act plays make up TheatreFest, the Department of Theatre Arts‘ annual spring showcase April 28-May 1.
The performances for this year’s festival include:
- “Blind Date” – written by Horton Foote and directed by Theatre Arts senior Nastasia Ingersoll
- “The Questioning of Nick” – written by Arthur Kopit and directed by Theatre Arts senior Nick Gould
- “Lurker” – written by Don Nigro and directed by Theatre Arts senior David M. Ray
- “The Role of Della” – written by John J. Wooten and directed by Theatre Arts faculty member Michelle Harvey
- “The Fat Lady Sings in Little Grimley” – written by David Tristram and directed by Theatre Arts senior Kayla Foster
TheatreFest marks the end of the department’s 2010-2011 production season. Due to content and language, said Senior Lecturer Natalie Gaupp, TheatreFest is recommended for an adult audience only.
Performances will be held in the Studio Theatre (Fine Arts Building, Room 137) on April 28-30 at 8 p.m. and on May 1 at 2:30 p.m. Tickets are $10, $7 for senior citizens, students with ID, and UT Arlington faculty and staff. For tickets and reservations, group rates, or further information, contact the Department of Theatre Arts Box Office at (817) 272-2669.